The golden 30th anniversary of the Festival of Lights Switch-On Ceremony kicks off tomorrow, November 25th, throughout Downtown Riverside! The Festival is a local staple that features 2 million twinkling holiday lights, an assortment of animated characters and sculptures, along with a collection of entertainment for the family to enjoy.
The Ceremony begins in front of the Mission Inn Hotel and Spa at 4:30 p.m. and will run until 10:00 p.m. The six-week long annual celebration will remain on display through January 6, 2023.
Opening night features 16 assorted vendors, including local favorites such as The Gingerbread Shop and Casey’s Cupcakes.
In addition to the light spectacle and delicious food choices, the event includes a series of entertainment to visit:
- Firework Show and Live Music commences at the Main Stage on Mission Inn Avenue and Orange Street at the start of the Ceremony
- Santa is coming back to town! Guests can visit Jolly Saint Nick on Main Street without a reservation and are welcome to take their own pictures.
- A colorful carousel and the Century Wheel spotlight the Holiday Market Extravaganza filled with local vendors, exciting games, and rides! The Market opens at 12:00 PM on November 25.th
- Respandor de Mexico Folklorico will be performing in front of the Riverside Municipal Auditorium located on Mission Inn Avenue.
- The Riverside Convention Center will be adorned with beautifully decorated trees and interactive children’s activities at the Festival of Trees, which is open from 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. November 25 and 26.
More things to do and details of the Ceremony, including parking information, can be found on the City’s Website. This year will be sure to deliver lots of joy and cheer as it has for so many years. The Festival of Lights continues to be ranked in the top 10 of the USA Today 10 Best Public Holiday Lights Display in the County! Be sure to show your holiday spirit by casting your vote too daily over the next 10 days.